Saturday, November 8, 2008

Toilets

I heard about Japanese toilets so many times, and was excited about finally seeing them with my own eyes! You normally find them with buttons only in Japanese, but I was lucky enough to find one in English.

First, the seat is warm. It's hard to get rid of the feeling that someone was there just before you. I'm surprised how often the flushing sound is used (to mask the other sounds)! I first tried to activate spray and bidet effects by pressing the button and standing far away in a corner, but these toilets are too smart. So I had to sit down. And of course I did something wrong and I managed to get my trousers wet! Not sure if I 'll ever try again. Didn't feel that good either.



12 comments:

iva said...

U, joj. A taki WCji so povsod? Si pa res srečnica, ti, ko jih moraš tooolikrat uporabit :)

Tina said...

Ne, niso povsod taki. Velikokrat so cisto navadni. Ceprav je velikokrat zraven gumb vsaj za "flushing sound". Imajo pa veliko WCjev tudi "na strbunk". Na primer na faksu sta na zenskem WC-ju dva, en navaden in en na strbunk.

Ben said...

Yea I remember the fantastic toilets. It is weird that the toilets in the tube stations are really horrible squat ones, but in other places they are the most advanced toilets in the world! I found the seat warming was too hot, it was like they were trying to cook your buttocks, not nice!

I am wondering why you were trying to trick the toilet into spraying water all over the place??? ;)

Tina said...

I was just trying to see how it works!!!! :)

Tina said...

Squat toilets are not only in the tube stations - in female toilets at the Uni we have one normal and one squat one. And lots of time when one of them is busy, it is the squat one!!

Anonymous said...

Hello Tina!

Paul said...

I don't think I would ever have been as brave as you to actually try the spray thing!!! I hope it wasn't too embarassing for you afterwards!

Tina said...

Paul, I survived. It dried eventually, lol. These kind of experiences make you worry less about stupid things.

milton said...

Verjetno si s straniščem "na štrbunk" mislila na čučavce (tako kot v Nevegalu). Stranišče "na štrbunk" je nekaj čisto drugega. Te tehnologije še nisi mogla spoznati. To je le lesen ploh z luknjo nad gnojno jamo, kamor se usedeš. Ponavadi je to kar čisto majhna lesena hišica, ponavado ob gnoju. Če je slabo narejeno, te lahko tudi pošprica. Jasno, da v tej hišici ni bilo vode za umivanje rok niti za splakovanje.

Tina said...

Ajaaa... sem zamesala! Potem pa "cucavci". Se nikoli v zivljenju nisem uporabila te besede. :)

Ana said...

..."was excited about finally seeing them with my own eyes"

You mean: was excited about finally sit on them with my own butt! ;)

Tina said...

Hehe, oboje!