Monday, November 24, 2008

Christmas

"Japanese don't celebrate Christmas." What a joke! Despite the majority of population following Buddhism and Shinto, I've been seeing "Merry Christmas" messages all around. And sitting in a Starbucks, enjoying my sweet fluorescent green macha tea latte, I'm never excused of listening to Christmas songs. Every single song!

But there is a big difference. While in Europe people traditionally spend Christmas with their families, Japanese tend to spend it with their boyfriend/girlfriend. It is much more important for couples, it seems to be like a little Valentine's day.

My last night in Japan will be Christmas. Without my family and without a boyfriend.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

But you'll be in our thougts that day.
Mateja

Unknown said...

Tudi jaz mislim, da ne boš sama.

Anonymous said...

Tole pa ne bo v redu :), tole sem bila Tina J. in ne Tina T.

Tina said...

:) Hvala. Zlati ste!

Ana said...

We miss you , too!!! :)