Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Karaoke

Karaoke originate from Japan and Japanese people love them. They go to karaoke like Europeans go clubbing, to a pub, or to a cinema. They go to a Karaoke center, where they get their own room with a screen, microphones and a couch, and an electronic system to order drinks. Every time that I've seen it in Europe it was lots of people doing it in a huge space. Japanese often go in couples or (increasingly) alone.


The professor in the lab where I work with is a big authority figure and very serious. Still, the students told me they once went to Karaoke together and that he danced and sang without holding back. He even positively surprised them because he chose songs that young people listen to! (They thought he was cool, and I think so too!)

A Korean guy from the lab told me that he once went to Karaoke by himself. When he was in the army and he was given 5 hours of free time, but nothing else to do. A soldier in a karaoke room by himself - hard to imagine this scene in Europe.

And I somewhere read that Karaoke is a popular dating place for teenagers. Apparently it's practice in singing and in kissing.

I really have to go!

7 comments:

Pika said...

Tina vidim da uzivas na Japonskem mi pa tudi ko prebiramo tvoje opise precej drugacnega zivjenja kot smo ga vajeni

Nico Deblauwe said...

For me this really feels like "lost in translation", reading about your adventures in Tokyo...

Enjoy your time there... I surely enjoy reading about them

Tina said...

Cao Pika, lepo da si se oglasila. Mogoce vaju pa z Branetom navdusim, da si prideta pogledat se Japonsko! Meni je blazno vsec.

Tina said...

Nico, I'm happy you're enjoying the blog. I've seen Lost in translation, but I don't remember anything. I need to see it again!!

marjetatursic said...

Zivjo Tina. Super blog, ga z zanimanjem pregledujem vsak dan. Res objavljas same zanimive stvari. Tudi tele karaoke morajo bit super. Sporoci kako je, ko bos sla probat. Uzivaj se naprej!

Tina said...

Ojla Margica! Upam, da bom res imela priloznost it sprobat. Sporocim, kako bo!

Anonymous said...

Lost in translation - eden mojih najljubših filmov.